You may not like the initial idea of chickpea cookies, but please trust me when I say they do not taste like hummus. 😉 These soft, nutrient dense balls of chocolate goodness are gluten, dairy and refined sugar free and perfect for a run-out-the-door breakfast, afternoon snack or healthy dessert.
Chickpeas are a great baking alternative to flour as they have minimal flavour, are gluten free and provide you with added nutritional benefits. Chickpeas are a vegetarian source of protein and contain high amounts of fibre, which helps sweep clean your digestive tract, regulate your bowel motions and help control your blood glucose levels.
Tahini is a a rich source of calcium, iron and magnesium, which are essential minerals necessary for correct functioning of all body systems. Tahini is another vegetarian source of protein and contains B vitamins, which are fundamental for energy production, cognition and stable moods to name just a few.
Ceremony powders are blended with super foods, each with an array of medicinal properties to support your health and wellbeing.
These cookies are quick and simple to make, requiring only a few ingredients.
I hope you enjoy. x
- Turn the oven on to 150 degrees celcius
- Line a tray with baking paper
- Add all ingredients except the coconut into a food processor and blend until smooth
- Roll small balls of mixture between your hands and lay evenly spaced on the tray
- Sprinkle each cookie with shredded coconut
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly golden – they will stay quite soft even when golden brown